In this article, find out which badge holder is best for your smart card.
Purpose of Product:
In addition to protecting badges from physical damage, shielded badge holders provide the added benefit of preventing unauthorized access to information
(called skimming) stored on:
- Contactless credit cards
- Debit cards
13.56 MHz RFID technology cards such as:
Unauthorized access to information on these cards can lead to identity theft.
The shield is created by a thin layer of metal that prevents transmission of info.
Shielded badge holders are made from three different materials:
- Keeps dirt and other elements from damaging cards
- Useful for cards that need to be removed frequently
- Protects card from being bent or otherwise damaged
- Useful for cards that don’t need to be removed frequently
- Consists of a paper sleeve that contains the metal shield
- Used for storing cards in wallets/purses
- Promotional item
- Tear and water resistant
- Available with custom 4 color print.
There are a few questions you can ask to help your customer determine the best fit for them:
- How will the cards be used?
- Does the card need to be easily removed from the holder?
- How are the cards worn or carried?
- Is custom imprinting important?
Call our ID experts for guidance in choosing the best shielded holders for your cards.