Most card printer design software come with a set of templates that you can use, but if you decide to use your own custom design, here are some tips.
If you don’t already have a card layout, start by thinking how the card will be used. Ask yourself the following guide questions:
- How often will the card be used?
- How secure you would like the card to be.
- Through what features will you secure your card?
- Will your card be used as a photo ID?
- Will it require a magnetic stripe on the back?
- How will you encode the mag stripe?
- How often will the mag stripe be used?
- What types of fonts and colors are used on your card?
- Do you have an image file that is minimum 300dpi for your logo or images?
The answers you come up using these questions will help you design a customized card.
For assistance in designing custom cards, call our experienced ID professionals at 1-800-667-1772. You can also e-mail them through our website.