With gift card spending projected to reach $30-billion this year, retailers and other businesses are scrambling to get a slice of the multibillion-dollar gift card industry.
Don’t let your business get left behind. Here’s how you can get with the times:
Step 1 – Plan Your Gift Card Program
Gift card activation, redemption, tracking, and reloading are typically done via the Point of Sale (POS) system. Check with your POS vendor if your system supports gift card management. Most modern POS have this option already integrated.
Step 2 – Design Your Gift Cards
When designing gift cards, dedicate some time and resources to designing an eye-catching card that will appeal to your customer demographic. Gather relevant information about your customer base and focus on their preference.
Leverage information from industry research. Studies have found that seasonal card designs factor in the purchasing decision of some consumers. Use this inside information to your advantage by updating your designs regularly.
Step 3 – Submit Your Designs to the Printer
Your brand will benefit greatly from well-designed gift cards. But your design can only do so much. The quality of the final product is equally important.
Be sure to choose an experienced card printer company that has:
- The expertise to handle the complexity of your card designs;
- The capacity to meet the volume of your order in a timely manner; and
- The equipment that can deliver the print quality that you need.
Step 4 – Promote Your Gift Cards
As a business owner or manager, you should be proactive in informing your existing customers and prospective clients of the fact that you have gift cards available. After all, shoppers can’t buy products that they don’t know about.
Here are tried and tested ways of promoting gift cards:
- Advertise them by the cash register and on your store windows
- Have your store personnel wear pins announcing the gift cards
- Post banners on your website highlighting the gift cards
- Do twitter and Facebook gift card giveaways
- Instruct your staff to mention the gift cards to every customer
- Include complimentary gift cards in your direct mail promotions
- Use them as employee bonuses and incentives
- Feature your gift cards in your newsletter
- Utilize them as prizes in promotional contests
- Offer gift cards as rewards to your loyal customers
- Display your gift card artwork in all of your advertising and marketing materials
- Use gift cards as rewards for your referral program
IDSuperstore.com manufactures plastic gift cards, on demand, for corporate and small businesses clients. Send in your artwork to receive a sample card bearing your custom design.
Start your gift card program today. Call 1-800-667-1772 for expert assistance.
For Further Reading: